We are now recruiting for lead peer mentors in each department. They will be there to support the mentors in their department and help them with any issues. Each department’s lead mentor will also assist in improving engagement for the peer mentoring scheme. This is a great opportunity to develop leadership and event management skills.
• Create, organise, run and evaluate an event for the mentees and mentors in their department.
• Meet up with the mentors in their department at least once in the first term.
• Answer or forward any email enquiries from the mentors in their department.
• Assist in the training of new mentors.
Please note we will be assessing your application against the criteria listed here.
A lead peer mentor should be:
• A current student at the University of Leicester for the year 2017-18
• Passionate about peer mentoring- preferably with experience of mentoring and be enthusiastic about its benefits.
• Proactive – come up with ideas on their own to improve the scheme.
• Highly approachable – Empathetic, level-headed and able to approach difficult situations with sensitivity.
• Organised – have the skills to organise a successful event for their department.
To apply please fill out the application here.